Thursday 2 January 2014

Chapter 17


Sunlight spread into the room and a sleepy Khushi started to rub her eyes. She had no clue where she was but she could feel a tight hold on her waist and turning around she saw Arnav. He looked adorable his hair was messy he was fast asleep. He had his mouth a bit open. She chuckled a bit looking at him and kissed his nose and said cutely

Khushi: I love you Arnavji

Arnav: (with his eyes still shut he said) I love you too

Khushi: (Shocked she said) Your awake

Arnav: Yeah I am (he said opening his eyes) How are you feeling

Khushi: (cribbing she said) My head hurts

Arnav: (chuckling he said) Thats called a hang over

Khushi (rolled her eyes but was quick to say) But there is something else that I feel

Arnav: (raising his eyes brows he said) And whats that

Khushi: (smiling) loved... (she said blushing) DO you know how happy I am to feel loved and taken care off.. Oh Arnavji is this real

Arnav: (smirking he said) Its real Khushi... (he paused and said) I love you and I will always love you. (saying that he kissed her fore head)

They were in a moment when they heard a knock on the door. Ishaara opened the door seeing both of them cuddled she said in a very scared voice

Ishaara: I dont mean to disturb you two but there is a very angry old man outside and along with him is your ex husband Kartick

Khushi and Arnav looked at each other and then. Arnav signaled Ishaara to say that they were coming. Khushi started to get worried and scared. She was about to cry when Arnav gave her the confidence that every thing will be fine. He is with her till the end. She took a deep breath and both of them went down. Arnav had firmly held her hand while they walked down the steps. Khushi saw her parents her in laws and Kartick. Anjili Ishaara Ritesh and Rohit were standing there for support.

Khushi: Babuji (she softly still holding Arnavs hand)

Kartick: See Babuji I told you this is what she is up to, you refused to believe me. (he spit out in anger)

Khushi looked at her father who looked down not knowing what to say. Her mother was crying and her father in law looked at her firmly

Anil: Khushi I did not expect this from you what is the meaning of all this

Kartic: I will tell you dad. She has cheated us and ran away with her boyfriend

Anil: (Angry he said) Kartic I wan to hear from Khushi's explanation.. Tell me Khushi what is all this. Did we do anything wrong? Did we not rest you right or give you the place and respect of a daughter in law?

Khushi: You did. But he didn't (she pointed at Kartic who looked back at her shocked)

Sheela: What do you mean

Khushi: You know exactly what I mean Ma. Your son never gave me the importance love or respect that a wife needs and today he is here pointing fingers at me for what I dont understand. (she said angry, turning to Kartic she said) You never loved me. You didn't even attempt to look at me or give me a chance. You treated me like i was a slave or a nobody. You made me feel as if its all my fault that this marriage is not working, because i come from a middle class family. (she looked at him hurtfully)

Kartick: I would have loved you had you not gone to him. You should have known you limits

Khushi:  How dare you. You out of all the people your talking about limits. You never were in your limit you think i dont know about the multiple affairs you have had after our marriage. (she said the truth) You think i dont know how you plan to get the divorce and marry one of those slutty rich women. You never tried. You never even made the effort so dont make up this nonsense. As far as Arnavji is concerned. I will not hear a word against him. Understand (she yelled at the top of his voice)

Arnav tried to calm her down. He held her shoulders and rubbed her back. To calm her down. He knew he needed her to talk it all out so that she feels better.

Kartick: I can't belive it what has this man done to you that you are behaving like this. You can't hear a word against him. Why is he so special to you. Just because he is rich and has money. I should have known this middle class behavior. Your a gold digger (he said yelling accusing Khushi)

And that was it for Arnav he was now boiling like hot water. He was quick to tell Kartick

Arnav: Gold digger your the one to talk. Aren't you the same guy who came to me for help with that silly business of yours. You think I dont know how you have been lurking around AR Designs desperately to get us to work with you. I have observed you. But thats not the point. Let me ask you Kartick how does it feel to see Khushi like this. To see her happy with some one else. Did you ever expect her to be like this?? (he questioned Kartick)

Kartick looked confused not knowing what to say. Arnav continued

Arnav: The truth is that you could accuse Khushi as much as you like but it wont change. You always doubted her capabilities. You never understood what she was really made up off or what she wanted out off life. The truth is that Khushi was miserable when she was with you because you had ego and doubt on her. She was so messed up when I met her first. The truth is that I gave her the support and love that she needed. I helped her out of this shit whole you put her in, She was the most under confident person I had ever met and when she started to loosen up I saw the real her. The truth is that  I would not trade a girl like Khushi for anything in this world.

Kartick and the rest of the people stood there stunned after listening what Arnav had to say and no one said a word. Until Khushi broke the silence and said

Khushi: Babuji Amma I know that this is not what you taught me and raised me to do. But I can't help it. I want a way out of this marriage I know that I would be miserable with that man (she gave Kartick a dirty look) And I dont want to be so miserable I want to be happy Babuji please understand. I just want a man who will love me for me and not because they have to. I want a man who makes me feel as if I am the most beautiful girl in the world. Who will always stand by and support my dreams and protect me. And Arnavji is every thing that I have ever wanted. Please Babuji accept this decision of mine (she said in a crying manner)

Shashi: looked up at his daughter who was hopeful he would understand.) Khushi tell me something, WHat will we answer the world when they know about all this. We are small middle class people what will we tell them that our daughter divorced because she had an affair with another man. (he asked his daughter) WHat will we answer

Arnav: You dont have to answer anything because I wont give any one a chance to talk about it. (He said with certainty)

Garima: Huh its easy for you to say. You will get away scott free but its us who have to answer to every one. (she turned to Khsuhi said said) Khushi Kartick may treat you good or bad but you have to accept that he is your husband. That is your house. There is no way you can come back home to us. (she spoke with firmness)

Khushi: Amma try to understand please I love Arnavji he is a good man he will take care of me (she pleaded with her parents to understand while Kartick looked over her with a smug face)

Garima was about to slap her when Arnav caught hold of her hand and stopped her. Khushi couldn't stop crying. She went to her father hoping for some closure.

Shashi: Khuhsi do you think this man will keep you happy. He barely knows you. Tell me will he marry you and make you his for the rest of his life. Will he give you his name ?

Khushi looked at her father static because she didn't know what to answer. Arnav came forward and placed his hand on her shoulder. He looked at Shashi and said

Arnav: Yes I will marry her. Yes I will make her mine Yes I will give her my name, Yes I will be her husband and make her my wife (he answered all his questions)

Khushi: Arnavji  but you dont believe in marriage (she was speechless)

Arnav: (He softened at her and took her hand in his and said) I love you Khushi and I never believed in marriage because I never found that person who i could think of spending my life with. But now I have and if I have to marry you to be with you then I will. (he caressed her face) I would circle the world for you.

Khushi hugged Arnav and then Arnav went to Shashi and said

Arnav: KHushi is well taken care off uncle all we need is your blessings

Garima: You have said all this but what about your family will they accept her.


Anjili and Ishaara came forward and hugged him and Khushi and Anjili said. 

Anjili: Yes we will accept Khushi. We love Khushi and we think she is perfect for our brother. Uncle Aunty my brother will always take good care of Khushi and you need not worry about the family we all love her and we have already accepted her as part of the family. (she said with assurance)

Khushi: Babuji please try and understand. (she said placing her hand on his) Trust me we wont regret this I promise. 

Shashi: (took a deep breath and moved her hands off his and said) Khushi I am sorry I dont think we can just let this go easily. Your mother and I were hopeful that you will agree with us and come back to Kartick. But you refuse to listen. I know Arnav loves you a lot but this is not how the society works we have answers to give to every one. (He paused and then said) If you want to go this man and get divorced then you are most welcomed to its your life. But remember if you do then dont bother having contact with us. 

Khushi looked at her father shocked and so was Arnav neither of them expected this to happen. Kartick gave out an evil smirk. He thought that now Khushi would come back to him because she would not ever break ties with her father. He knew he had her back on hold. 

Khushi: (in a sad voice she said) Babuji I hoped you would understand me I really did. But if you can't understand your daughters wishes then there is nothing more I would have to say or do. (she looked at her father in the eye and then said) There is no way that I am going back to Kartick. I refuse to live like his slave. I want share my life with some one who loves me for me and not because of my status or class and if you can't come to terms with it then so be it. (she said with a heavy heart)

Shashi was shocked and so was Kartick. Neither of them expected Khushi to say something like this. Shashi was hurt with his daughter for not listening to him. Khushi was hurt as well. But she knew that what she was doing was right., If she didn't do it now she would always be stuck for ever. Arnav  turned to Kartick and then said in a stone cold voice. 

Arnav: My lawyer will come with the divorce papers on Monday morning. We dont want anything from you but Khushi's freedom. 

Shashi and Garima left from there and Kartick just nodded and walked off as well. Khushi stood there crying but Arnav caught hold off her and said to her 

Arnav: I am with you. Dont your worry Khushi. I will always be with you. (he said taking her into her arms)

Khushi: (hugged him back and then said) Do you think I did the right thing 

Arnav: (kissing her forehead he said) Yes you did and I am proud of you for standing up for yourself. 

She hugged him back. Anjili Ishaara and Ritesh came in front and hugged them and congratulated them and then Ishaara said 

Ishaara: SO now I guess I can start calling you bhabhi (she chuckled)

Arnav and Anjili chuckled and then Khushi said 

Khushi: Not bhabi but Didi (she smiled and then said) Your like my younger sister 

Ishaara: (playfully she said) Done 

Laughter filled the place and then Ritesh said 

Ritesh: Now that we have an additional member in the family this calls for a celebration. 

Rohit: Yes it does (he smiled) ASR I would like to throw a party for you and Khushi if thats ok 

Arnav: Thanks Rohit that is really sweet (he smiled) 

Ishaara: How exciting didi your so going drunk tonight (she said excited)

Arnav: OMG then in that case I better be prepared... The tigress in her is going to come back out 

Khushi: (she shrieked banging his chest she said) Arnavji 

They all started to laugh and even though she was feeling bad about her parents she still she enjoyed because she was happy to be there with her Arnavji 



6 comments:

  1. What is the problem with her parents...why can't they accept that...she wants to be happy and she deserves to be happy...I am so happy that Arnav and his family stood with her all the time. I feel sorry for Khushi as she is feeling bad for her parents...Loved all chapters..

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are typical indian parents....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat d hell is wrng wit khushi's parents,arghhhh this is so damn ridiculous..!

    but me happy dat khushi faced evrythng wit a brave heart wit arnav by her side nd d way she just said it dat she will never ever return to that kartic shows d brave woman in her..!

    fantastic chappy..!

    loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't like her parents at all they didn't even try to understand her but glad khushi stood up for herself n arnav was right there beside her awesome update loved it

    -drunkiiebabe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parents should understand the feeling of khushi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why can't parents under stand their child happiness

    ReplyDelete