Friday 22 August 2014

chapter 20

The family was unaware of all that was going on, and the two of them didnt want to tell them either, they didnt wan to spoil the fun. Arnav held on to Khushi tightly she hid herself in his arms and listened to his heart beat that calmed her running senses. After a while of silence she asked him

Khushi: How did you know that something was wrong?

Arnav: I just did (he said looking into her eyes) I could feel that something wasnt right, I came down looking for you, but you werent there and thats why i came out, I could hear some noises and I knew something was not right

Khushi: (let out a small laugh) Our love is so strange, we can feel each others pain and happiness, is this normal ?

Arnav: No its not, But I dont care I like this feeling between us. Its a special feeling its our magic that only we can create (he said with smile pressing her to his chest)

Khushi: (cuddled into him and then said) I am glad I have you

Arnav: (kissing her forehead, he said) And I am glad I have you.

Khushi: Arnavji I want to forget Kartic, lets promise to never talk about this ever again. I want just you. From now on Karticks chapter is forever closed in my life. I want you to make an agreement with his father and mother that they will keep his son away from me

Arnav: Why an agreement Khushi ?? we will just go some where far away

Khushi: No Arnavji I dont want risks. I know Kartick must have realized that there is no way that he can win especially after today but still i want to make sure he is far away from us and our life. I dont want to have anything to do with him. I never want to speak about Kartic ever again.

Arnav: FIne Khushi I understand tomorrow morning these papers will be ready ask Karticks father and mother to come to our room tomorrow, before our marriage we will get this sorted.

She smiled and the two lovers went inside to freshen up.


The next day was the wedding. Arnav walked out in a white kurta he was looking so stunning. He looked smart and crisp in his kurta. Khushi was in her room ready. Aman came to Arnav to inform him about the papers and about Karticks parents waiting outside. He told Aman to get Khushi to the small room where they were waiting.

Anjili: No way you cant be seen by your future husband just as yet.

Khushi: Di its urgent (she said softly)

Anjili: I know whats urgent your dying to see him right

Khushi: (blushed) Di its to do with Kartick

Anjili: (scrunched her eyes) all okay Khushi

Khushi: Yeah its just some unfinished business.

Anjili nodded and Khushi went off. Arnav was waiting outside the room for his bride. She came she looked stunning in the lengha that she was wearing, he clasped her hand in his and then whispered in her ear

Arnav: You look beautiful

Khushi blushed and Aman interrupted them to say they were waiting. Both of them walked into the room Karticks parents looked at the couple Khushi looked like a bride once more. Arnav said

Arnav: Mr and Mrs Kripalani we would like you to see through these papers and sign them

Arnav handed the papers to Anil

Anil: What is this

Khushi: Its an agreement, Sorry Uncle but I dont want my past to hinder my future and present and thats why i want you to sign this. It is a document stating that I no longer have any ties with you and you and your family have nothing to do with me, we have come out of this alliance on mutual terms and we are going our separate ways on mutual consent

Anil: So your actually doing this. you have decided that this is how its going to be. How could you Khushi after all we have done, Your own father isnt accepting this how could you

Arnav was about to answer when she held his hand and began replying to him

Khushi: How could I what uncle, how could i make a decision for myself, is that what your trying to say?

Sheela: What we are trying to say is that what your doing is wrong

Khushi: what I am doing is wrong and what your son did is right ??

Both the parents looked blank

Khushi: was it right for me to be stuck in a loveless marriage?? Do I not have the right to be loved and accepted by my husband. Yesterday your son came by and he was beaten to death by my future husband you know why because he called me an object of desire. According to your son I am an object not a human not a being with feeling but an object that will be used and thrown. do you want me to stay with a man like that, who will use and throw me away.

Sheela: You could have told us we would have fixed everything for you.

Khushi: How many times did i tell you aunty, wasnt the sadness on my face obvious to you, why should i be a part of something that has no bright future for me. I will admit that you and uncle have been very nice to me and have loved me, but that doesnt change the fact what your son did to me was painful and I am only doing what is right.

Anil: by marrying ASR ??

Khushi: yes by marrying Arnavji, we love each other and I dont owe any of you an explanation.  I am not here to discuss this i have made my final choice I am happy with my Arnavji and I love him there is no point arguing on this, as for my parents if they can not see what their daughter is going through then there is nothing i can say, if the society is more important than me then they can go and be happy with what the society says i am done being a part of a world that is governed with rubbish norms. (pausing she said ) please sign the papers and release me from my bond i want to live me life (she smiled at Arnav)

Anil had nothing to say to her any longer he singed the papers and then left from there with his wife and then Arnav said

Arnav: Happy independence day  (he smirked)

Khushi: Oh Arnavji your so cute (she smiled)

Arnav: what its the truth (he laughed) but on a serious note i am proud of you, my kitten or should i say my tigress.

Khushi hugged him tightly the two of them held hands and walked to their wedding where they couldnt wait any longer to become one.

4 comments:

  1. Khushi did right an agreement to b free from all those unwanted bond and which only remind her of her horrible u unsuccessful marriage with tht devil!!! It's so amazing tht Arnav n khushi found love with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is so awesome. Like Khushi standing up for herself and Arnav supporting her so faithfully.

    ReplyDelete